As of version 1.54 of Idea Growr, you can now import your ideas. This enables you to move all your ideas to a new phone, or collaborate with someone by sharing your idea(s).
How to import
This assumes you have exported your ideas to an app like Dropbox. You can export your ideas using the up-arrow-icon on the main screen.
1. Download the .zip file to your device
Go to your Dropbox app (or where you have stored your idea) and download the .zip file to your device. For instance ideas-2016-04-07.zip to your Download folder.
2. Open Idea Growr and go to settings
3. Tap the ‘Import from zip file’ button
4. Select your zip file from folder you downloaded to in step 1
A progress bar will show the progress of the unzipping. This does not mean the ideas are imported yet.
5. Select how many ideas you want to import
6. Select ideas to import (optional)
7. Idea Growr checks for potential duplicates. If those are found, select if you want to import them.
The app looks at the ideas in your zip file and can see that one or more of these ideas have a name this is also in your current list of ideas in your app. It’s up to you what to do next:
- Import all anyway
- Skip the ones that are probably duplicates
- Import the content of the ideas with a known name as notes.
I struggled a bit with how to best describe this. If you want to help out, let me know in the comments if this seems clear from the screenshot or how it might be improved.
8 After another progress bar your ideas are imported
And that’s it. If you have any questions, bugs or feature requests, let me know in the comments.